Wednesday, April 13, 2011

You Win Some, You Lose Some

You win some, you lose some. How come you never hear that when you win? For the most part, it was my grandmother that tried to teach me that kind of life lesson. My parents just told me to get over myself. Now that I am nearly the age of my grandparents, I feel quite comfortable in dispensing unsolicited life lessons. Joe, I don't know much, but I know you win some and you lose some.

Posting a sign about the return of the hockey playoffs is a win. I mean thank god for real overtime and none of this 4 0n 4, 5-minute crap. I also thank god because I'm still watching hockey and I don't have to start watching baseball, or god forbid, keep watching, I mean start watching Nascar. Seriously, how hard is it to turn left all of the time? I don't know because I don't have a car, that's why I'm asking.

On the flipside, I know my grandmother also taught me not to say anything if I couldn't say anything nice, but I can't say anything nice about this other sign. This sign is a loser. Okay, I know this is a brutal fucking picture of the sign, but bear with me. Silly Sunday is the worst tagline Joe has had since I know its 2011 but Peroni is still on special from the World Cup. Plus, is it just me or does the Terminator hand conjour up images of death and destruction rather thant laughs? Also, I appreciate the promise of free parking, but isn't that arranged by the Couty of Arlington rather than the county of Joe? Even so, how the hell does that help me once I'm inside the restaurant? That's more of a rhetorical question, but if you have an answer, please e-mail me at imnevergonnarespond@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment