Friday, February 10, 2012

Customer Service

Tonight I mistakenly answered a phone call from a number I didn't recognize.

Huge mistake.

Turns out it was a market research firm calling to get feedback about a vendor. There was the usual kerfuffle about we will see if you're qualified and you'll be compensated and yada yada yada, but I wasn't in any hurry so I decided to play along.

I should have know better.

One of the qualifying questions was do you: always often sometimes rarely never share your opinion with friends and family. Being so shy, I said rarely.

The lady on the phone was like really?

WTF?

I just got called out by a telemarketer.

Yes, really.

So she was like let me repeat the question, and you should really listen to the question this time. And do not interrupt me. Seriously now, when talking to your friends, I know you got friends right, you sound like a handsome fellow, and I know you're popular and you sure sounds smart, do you always often sometimes rarely never share your opinions about the stuff about which you are talking?

Okay, fine. Sometimes.

But the whole time I was thinking you called me to ask my opinion and you're giving me attitude? At which point I realized you were just like Joe. Joe wants me to come to his bar, he wants me to drink, he wants me to have a good time, but he'll still pull a serious attitude and treat me like shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment