Friday, February 4, 2011

The Old Bait and Switch

Who thought Salsa night at Summers was a stupid idea from the start? I sure did. Who was totally taken by surprise when Joe offered up a cash prize for a salsa dancing contest? I sure was, I mean the guy hasn't offered up a free drink in all the years that I have know him. But the straw that broke the camel's back was his offer of a trophy (see photo titled "Now you see it"). Well, hellfire, I 'll sign up for that just to catch a glimpse of the trophy.

Just as I was about to sign up for the stupid Salsa contest, my dance partner informed me that the trophy was no longer available as a prize. I was like what the fuck? That's the only reason I wanted to sign up, you're breaking my fuckin heart Joe. Don't believe Joe is breaking my heart? Check out the revised sign.


4 comments:

  1. son of a bitch, i wanted that trophy too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just out of curiosity, Door, who is your dance partner? Another door? Also - did you just say "hellfire?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look, I'm an amazing dancer. Everyone up and down the Courthouse Corridor knows that and I don't need Joe to hold a little contest just to give me a trophy... my trophy case is already full.

    Hell, I have an idea. Let's use that $100 and trophy money to replace some of the moldy tiles. Just an idea for the good old suggestion box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the only trophy I care about is the Stanley Cup, and this year we're in it to win it.

    ReplyDelete