Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

I know that 900 of the 1000 words are used to explain the fact that I can't take a picture to save my life, but the other 100 words should be used to describe everything else that is wrong with this picture. The use of blue electrical tape has been the butt of countless jokes on this blog but it does have a certain low-fi charm. The thing that bothers me the most about this picture is that the cover charge is $7. I heart even numbers, but my bias notwithstanding, where the hell did $7 come from? I'm sure the DJs are Econ majors and they have a formula that considers the marginal utility and the elasticity of demand and that $7 actually maximizes the profit, but who the hell stayed awake for an entire Econ class to know that that actually means? My point is that $7 seems totally random, but random is standard operating procedure at Summers. I just hope that some part of my $7 goes to buy a new door lock for the Red Room bathroom.

2 comments:

  1. It's laughable that imported water is a selling point with the Salsa crowd, especially when certain staff members just went to CVS to pick it up. Then again, Arlington water is pretty bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me, I'm making a CVS run, does anyone need anything?

    ReplyDelete