Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Summers Year in Review 2016 - #1

One of my New Year's resolutions in 2017 is to be a better person (like it has been every other year I can remember). To that end I don't want to start off 2017 with a rant about Summers, and I want to be understanding even though a rant would make me feel better, but to be honest 2016 was another year of abysmal customer service for (at) Summers. I don't have an MBA and I've never worked in the service industry (those are caveats), but I've always heard that the first law of customer service is that the customer is always right. Unfortunately, the customer is not always right at Summers. More despairingly, I'm not sure that the customer ever is right at Summers. I can't count, let alone keep track of the number of times that the customer was wrong at Summers. Whether it was disagreement on how to make the drink the customer ordered, or whether the customer even ordered the drink, the Summers management doesn't seem to care. Granted, the disagreements and back talk seem to be limited to one or two bartenders, but the dwindling customer service trend is disturbing. The lack of attention to detail is appalling and because the issues with the terrible customer service have been reported multiple times, the fault has to lie with upper management. So in terms the kids can understand, customer service at Summers was an epic fail in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment