Monday, July 19, 2010

Cruz Azul 17

Summers has many things going for it. It is metro-accessible. It is close to my house. It is cheap. It has some good bartenders. It is quiet and I can get a seat. And Mya doesn't work every night.

As much as I like Summers, every once in a while I like to venture further afield in search of cheap drinks, I mean the best entertainment available. A few weeks ago I even ventured out to Columbia, MD which is just as far as Bogota, Colombia to me.

Anyway, when I went out to the Columbia, Maryland version of Summers, I learned two very important and useful things.

As out of style as the chairs in the Redrum are, at least they have backs. I tried to sit on one of the stools/chairs/too trendy for its own good seats at Cruz Azul 17 and I nearly fell on my fat ass. Granted I was drink drank drunk, but who has a curved bannana seat on a stool at a bar? I haven't had the pleasure of sitting on a bannana seat since my parents sold my Huffy.

Hey Mom & Dad, the Jerk Store called. They're all out of you.

Anyway, Cruz Azul 17 made me appreciate another thing about Summers. As garish as the new red light district is, at least the lights are above the bar, not in the bar. Having lights in the bar is distracting, and annoying, and completely useless for patrons of said establisment because it is not like I can use them to flag down an inattentive bartender to order a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment