Tuesday, December 14, 2010

These Are Not the Droids You're Looking For

And Summers is not the worst run local business ever.

As much as I like to disparage Joe's inability to think outside the box and his inability to hire more than two competent staff people at a time and his inability to communicate with his customers or even god forbid anticipate customer needs, I will say that Summers is by no means the worst run local area business.

That dubious distinction belongs to Metro.

I'm not even sure where to start. Metro's service the last three days has been so piss-poor I'm tempted to buy a car and add to the area's traffic woes.

Metro has the worst business model ever because they keep raising prices while customer service goes down the toilet, the delays grow longer and more trains & escaltors go the way of my 3G phone.

I understand that Metro is beholden to a faceless controlling board and that there are too many cooks in the kitchen, but as with any business you need to learn how to grow a pair and take leadership on the issue. Lead by example.

And speaking of service, Metro has worse service than the Red Room. The PA announcements about there's a delay due to a train problem tells your customers absolutely nothing. There are always delays and you're never on time so tell me something new. And not to point fingers, but you're helping to keep fear alive.

Every time you tell us there's a train malfunction and we read about someone dying or a train catching on fire and blowing up only leads us to believe that is what is happening every time. The less information you share, the more you scare everybody.

And it shouldn't take an NASA rocket scientist to figure out that outdoor escalators should have been covered from the get-go so your plea that you need to raise rates because you need to repair escalators is falling on deaf ears. You should have had enough foresight to build that into the budget in the first place.

And the list of complaints I have about Metro is longer than the Christmas list I gave Santa Claus so I could talk all night, but y'all know how I hate to run my mouth so to make a long story short I will end my rant here.

Suffice it to say that the service problems that Metro has does puts the fact that I have to wait fifteen minutes for my beer in the Red Room all in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment